Blueberry & Brie Grilled Cheese



Blueberries, they're pretty great. Usually my favorite way to eat them is in some sort of compote on top of waffles or pancakes.  But I saw some on sale recently and thought it would be a nice challenge to come up with some new recipes.  Spending my mondays off thinking up recipes, testing them out, and setting them up for photographs is really my idea of a great day so it was really more of a perfect excuse. Again, is there anyway I can make this my career?


This one's really basic, I have a few more blueberry recipes coming soon though.



The key to the grilled cheese is to really butter up the outside of the bread, that way it gets nice and crisp on the outside. It's completely necessary and it takes any and all grilled cheeses over the top.


Blueberry & Brie Grilled Cheese
*makes 2 sandwiches

1 cup of fresh blueberries
4 thick slices of whole wheat French bread
10 thin slices of brie
3 basil leaves, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
Butter, to spread on bread
Honey, to drizzle
salt & pepper

1. Spread one side of each bread generously with butter
2. Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the bread, butter side down
3. Top two of the slices with three slices of brie, and the others with two
4. Sprinkle the basil on the three slice bread, layer the blueberries on the slice, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with honey
5. Carefully place the two slice pieces of bread on the other bread and smoosh together
6. Place a plate on top of the closed sandwiches and lightly press down to smash the ingredients together
7. Carefully flip the sandwiches once the first side is crispy and browned
8. Repeat with other side until crisp. Cut in half and eat it up!

For more blueberry recipes: http://www.blueberrycouncil.org/


7 comments:

  1. Yum! I love this special grilled cheese. I've never made it with brie, let alone blue berries and I bet it is so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!!!! I made this recipe for Shabbat and it was such a hit that everyone couldn't stop talking about it on Saturday! Thank you for this delicious recipe and I hope all is well!! Miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh amazing! I missed this. Glad it was a hit. misses you

      Delete
  3. This grilled cheese looks so delicious. Have you entered it in the Grilled Cheese Academy’s recipe showdown? If not, you should! Here’s the website: http://grilledcheeseacademy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sandwich was AMAZING! I loved it and so did the rest of my family. I made mine in a panini press and will definitely be recreating them again soon. I shared this recipe in a recent meal plan on my blog, rainbowdelicious.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...