Tasting

I get pretty stoked about school when we have "tastings" It's the educational way of saying that we get to drink beer/wine in the middle of the day before we do our class work. no complaints here.

Yesterday, we tasted some beer. I'm an IPA girl myself, though the others were alriiiight. Again, no complaints here....beer tastings are always welcome in my world.


The Budweiser was well, Budweiser. It is what it is. Does the trick, right? 
The Hennepin, from Omegang Brewery was nice and light. 
Then there was the Backyard IPA, not my favorite IPA but a nice hoppy beer nonetheless.
And then the Keegan Ales, Mother's Milk, a darker beer. I thought I would hate that one, but surprise surprise, I kinda liked it. Don't know if I could stomach more than a small taste, but it wasn't too heavy and tasted like dessert. Anyone out there like Guinness? that stuff is way too heavy for me. 


Last week, we did a little cheese tasting. AMAZING


We tasted the cheese with a Malbec (great red wine, highly reccomend trying Malbec if you're into reds....this Ben Marco is a great option), an IPA, an unoaked Chardonnay, and the Hennepin beer. Obviously, it was a great afternoon.

My favorites for the cheese:
Kunik from Nettle Meadow (it's the one that looks like brie...and is just so delicious and creamy)
Camembert from Old Chatham Sheepherding Company
and the Caveman Blue Cheese from The Rogue Creamery in Oregon (this cheese smells TERRIBLE, but it tastes real nice with some walnuts)

Off to class, today we are tasting mixed drinks!


3 comments:

  1. Being from Dublin I should stop checking your blog just based on the fact you on't like Guinness LOL..
    Culinary schhool is so great. What other school actually encourages you to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out the washington malbesc when u return to wa. Fidelitas, Gamache, Hamilton Cellars, Nefarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to try those malbecs! I'll have to make some hearty dinners while i'm home.

    ha and guiness is just so dang rich! I don't know how you do it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...