a little bit of what i've been up to



Well, well, well, look what we have here. A little collage!

Starting at the top left and going clockwise (confession: I just recently learned how to properly tell time, and no, I am not the quickest at it).

First we have Gnocchi!

Had to make a bunch of these wormy guys in class for the dish on my station, super simple little potato dumpling pastas.

  • 2 lb russet potatos, baked until done/tender

  • 10 oz flour

  • 4 egg yolks

  • salt

  • nutmeg


All you gotta do is peel the tators, mush them through a food mill or something else to get them mushy, mix in the egg yolks and some salt and a pinch of fresh nutmeg. Then you just kneed in the flour like a dough BUT work the mixture as little as possible or it will be gummy and gross. you have been warned.

Also that recipe makes a lot of gnocchi, like maybe 100 of them.

 

To shape them you're gonna want a gnocchi board and lots of flour. roll away. or just roll out a snake of dough, cut the little pieces and roll them on a fork.

Then, you just pop them in salted  boiling water untill then float.

Next is an adorable store in Red Hook called Tivoli Mercantile. So cute. Only cute store in Red Hook.

Then there is the picture of the thermometer that Chef bought for my station in class, such a great present. Gotta loving keeping that fryer at the perrrrrrfect temperature.

Next to that is a picture of one of my dinners from class, salmon-asparagus-and the best crostini ever from the caeser salad demo plate, I always tried to snag that. It was an amazing garlic paste and a salty little anchovy.

And to finish the picture, my favorite juice ever: kale, spinach, apple, celery, and ginger...right next to kelli's carrot juice. so bright. so refreshing.
and now I am off to a quick workout and then a road trip to Cold Springs. Exploring the Hudson Valley...here we go!

4 comments:

  1. Love how easy this gnocci is! Getting bookmarked for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so easy! it also helps to freeze them for like 30 minutes after they are formed so that they keep their shape. let me know how it goes if you try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet to make my own gnocchi, you've inspired me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. everyone make gnocchi! though honestly I prefer pasta...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...