I can't believe it's been over a month. I'm slacking. I recently graduated from college (just under two months ago), set off on an unbelievable three week trip to Southeast Asia and now I'm back. Or rather, I'm once again a Washington State resident. I planned on posting some stellar Asia pictures right when I got back but life got in the way, as life is wont to do.
Eventually there will be Asia pictures, after I climb out of the boxes and pile of belongings that I have recently moved back from New York, For now, there are avocado toast pictures, because Passover is almost over (aka time for some bread tonight!) and this is what I'm currently craving. Also because I've been messing around with these photos for far too long and they're just ready to live somewhere other than my computer.
Ingredients (for 1 toast)
1/2 ripe avocado
1 slice whole grain toast
olive oil for cooking
honey (weird but good)
1. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and scramble together with a fork until totally mixed, add a pinch of salt.
2. Toast bread
3. Cut avocado in half, and remove skin
4. Get out a small non-stick pan, drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and pour in the eggs
5. Heat over medium-low heat, and stir the eggs constantly. I use chopsticks to keep 'em moving.
6. Continue scrambling the eggs until you reach desired doneness, keep them a bit creamy unless you totally hate that
7.Spread avocado on the toast, sprinkle with salt & black pepper
8.Top with scramble eggs and black pepper
9. Optional: top with parmesan cheese, a thin drizzle of honey or both
(For two people, use three eggs and double everything else)