A Snapshot of Italy pt. 2


There's so much to share about Italy so it's hard to figure out where to begin. I can't get enough of the olive oil and antipasti, and I mean...eating pasta everyday has been nothing less than dreamy.  Some of my favorite days have been spent walking through olive groves, learning about the history of each place and the family legacy that always comes with that.

My days have been jam packed, and I'm definitely not complaining though my body is starting to go into overload mode, I'm sad to admit that there is such a thing as too much wine. That being said, I would happily stay here forever. I really do love this country.  It seems there just isn't enough time in the day and I'd sort of rather get some rest that type up a play by play, so instead I'll share some of my favorite pictures from week one.

I hope you enjoy! And let me know if you have any questions or are looking for details.


Gelato in Firenze (Florence). My friend Angela got the Baci flavor and it dripped all over the place, considering how large the small was it wasn't totally devastating, but it was amusing to watch the dripping take over here arm. I got Baci (hazelnut and chocolate with hazelnuts in it)and pistachio, the pistachio was outstanding.  We enjoyed it with a nice dose of espresso which was so incredibly smooth and not the slightest bit bitter. I could definitely get used to that.





The view from the highest point in Perugia. It went on for days...


Yet another winery with a view that could just about make you want to move here.



I've decided I would like prosciutto everyday for breakfast. 


And then there was the one time we ate at Vissani, a two Michelin star restaurant, got a three course cooking demo by the eccentric Chef Vissani who "loved my personality," I even have a cheek kiss to prove it. Well, the meal was over the top and the service was impeccable, and yes I was totally impressed with the plethora of Hermés plates at the table.

I swear I could write a novel about what we've done in the past two weeks but who's got the time? I'm off to bed, we're heading to Rome tomorrow and I hear we're also stopping by a Prosciutto producer and learning how to find truffles before we settle down for a truffle tasting dinner. I feel so spoiled and have I mentioned that I don't want to leave this gorgeous country?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...