Peaches & Blueberries


The truth is, I haven't cooked or baked anything exciting in weeks. Hell, I've barely cooked at all, save for oatmeal, weekly batches of hard boiled eggs, and a couple of sweet potatoes here and there. It sucks when you get wrapped up in your busy schedule. Some of the craziness has been due to the Jewish holidays which meant lots of family time! A couple weekends ago my favorite 16 year old/cousin Liza and I made this nice little crumble for the whole gang so here ya go.




INGREDIENTS

4.5 cups peaches, cut into large chunks
1 cup blueberries
1/2 lemon, juice only
3 tbl brown sugar (add more if peaches are tart)
3 tbl butter
1 tbl all purpose flour

----------------------

1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 lemon, zest only
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, cubed


METHOD

preheat over to 350 F
  1. First, zest the lemon before you cut it in half and juice it
  2. Combine the first section of ingredients together in a large bowl, tossing gently to coat the fruit
  3. In a separate bowl combine the second group of ingredients. Rub the butter into the mixture so it makes small pea sized pieces 
  4. Pour the fruit mixture into a pie pan or square dish
  5. Top with the crumble mixture
  6. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden and the inside is bubbling out a little
  7. Serve warm or cold with ice cream or whipped cream or eat as is

2 comments:

  1. I am clueless as to why I've never combined peaches and blueberries. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this yesterday for my family and they loved it so much I was asked to make it again today. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...