Back to Walrus

Yes, I already posted about The Walrus & The Carpenter and yes, and in that dining experience we pretty much conquered the menu but this time we went for the oysters and we went big.


I started with a glass of Muscadet, I haven't been so much into wine lately but it seemed highly appropriate.

Guess how they serve the bread here?

With butter and olive oil. You know what's wrong with that? Nothing.


On of the breads was significantly better than the other, and we singled it out and made the crappy bread feel bad about itself because of it.

Not everyone can be the best...


Did I mention it was happy hour? Half-off oysters.
To me that means buy twice as many oysters. Take it or leave it.


39 oysters for 5 people. Not bad.


The blue pools were my favorite. Kusshis were a close second.


I don't know how or why but oysters taste better here. They just do!


And then a few other things that should always be ordered when you eat here:

Sardines (above) grilled with shallots, walnuts & parsley. If you think sardines sound disgusting, try these and you'll realize you were pretty damn wrong.

Smoked trout with pickled red onions, lentils, walnuts & crème fraiche (below)


and the fried oysters with cilantro aioli (below), I had never gotten these and I'm not sure what the hell I was thinking those past times. Hindsight is 20/20. Am I right??


We also tried these fried brussels sprouts. They were delicious, but a little oilier than I would choose. But they're fried so I guess I'm just having distorted expectations here.


and a geoduck gratin. It was kind of like chowder.


The kusshi shells were really pretty... just sayin'. I mean if you're into oyster crafts, this is your shell!


For dessert I made sure everyone tried the maple bread pudding (with espresso butter sauce).


It looks so simple but it's so much more than that. It tastes like caramely french toast & it's really just so good.

If you don't believe me, believe the pictures. 1,000 words, my friends. 1,000 words of tasty praise:



Current Seattle Restaurant Standings: The Walrus & The Carpenter is number one on my list. 

Big words. Big, huge words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...