Din Tai Fung

Has anyone seen my immune system?
I have a cold and I hate it.

You know what would probably make me feel better?
Soup. Or perhaps soup dumplings?


Too bad I'm not in Bellevue (ha! You don't hear that often...Seattle maybe but Bellevue rarely get's my long distance love).


The weekend after Thanksgiving, we had a family night out and hit up Din Tai Fung
It's a dumpling house hidden away in the mall in downtown Bellevue.

Don't let the suburban setting fool you, this place was spot on. The dumplings were amazing but the other dishes were just as impressive. Well played Bellevue, Well played!

Seaweed & Bean Curd Salad
Shrimp and Pork Dumpling (kosher)
 Everything we ordered was superb but my I think my favorite was the rice cake noodles with the greens and the shrimp.

Shanghai Rice Cake with Shrimp
 As for the dumplings, the half mooned shaped variety with the shrimp and the pork won in my eyes.

Bok Choy with Garlic

Shrimp & Pork Shiaomai
When you're sick there's just no place like home and nothin like a soup dumpling (or soup really)!

I could really go for a warm meal like that right about now. Scratch that, Let's be honest...all I really want is my mom's matzoh ball soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...